Are you passionate about working towards a better world for children? We want to work with you!
There are two opportunities open.
Child Protection Technical Advisor
Fixed term, Full time role
(Fixed Term for an initial period of two years, with a possible further extension of two years)
Save the Children New Zealand (SCNZ) and Save the Children Australia (SCA) are seeking an experienced Child Protection Technical Advisor to join our team at Save the Children NZ in the Pacific. In order to maximise proximity to our Pacific programmes, this role will preferably be based in the Pacific, however there is flexibility in location and candidates in New Zealand and Australia will also be considered.
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative, and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy and live a life free from violence. We deliver programmes all over the world and, if there’s a disaster - like an earthquake, drought, or conflict – we are there on the ground. We need your unrivalled knowledge and experience to ensure high quality child protection programming in our international programmes. Be the voice of child protection in all that we do.
About the Role
In this full-time position you will work to ensure the development of high-quality child protection proposals and programming in the Asia-Pacific region. This role will spend 50% time offering child protection expertise to our New Zealand funded overseas programmes in Asia-Pacific, and 50% time offering child protection expertise to our Australia funded overseas programmes in Asia-Pacific. You will be matrix managed by our International Programmes Director in New Zealand and by our Principal Advisor Child Protection in Australia.
You will make an impact by:
- Bringing the best child protection evidence and practice wisdom to the design, implementation and monitoring of programs to prevent and reduce all forms of violence against children in their homes, schools, and communities
- Ensuring effective integration of child protection into the design of other sector‑based programs, including education, health, livelihoods, disaster risk reduction and WASH, including the development and roll out of tools to support better integration
- Providing leading-edge oversight of program implementation and review
- Improving the technical quality of Save the Children’s child protection portfolio
- Providing enhanced technical assistance to country programs and the development, supervision and mentoring of staff and partners to implement those programmes, including developing training materials, and delivering training (remotely, and face to face when travel permits) to staff and partner organisations
- Participating in Save the Children International child protection fora, technical working groups and project steering groups and supporting related advocacy work as appropriate
- Contributing to new business development by providing technical assistance in the development of concept notes and business proposals
Our Recruitment Process
All applications will be acknowledged. After the closing date, we will contact shortlisted candidates to set up a formal in-person interview.
How to Apply
Applications should include a cover letter explaining how your background and experience meet the requirements of the job description, and a resume and should be submitted by close of business on Thursday 9th December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description – a copy is available on request by emailing email@example.com
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications for this position from minority groups including people from Māori, Pasifika, and Aboriginal backgrounds.
Pacific Safe Schools Course Administrator
Fixed Term – December 2021 – June 2022 (20-30 days over this period) Part-time – approximately 8 hours per week
Save the Children New Zealand (SCNZ) is seeking an experienced Administrator to join our dedicated team at Save the Children NZ. Location is negotiable and working from home is an option here, or, if you are Wellington based, you would be welcome to join us in our office, located in the central city.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly regarded non-government organisation that makes a lasting difference for children. You will report to one of our International Programmes Managers and will be responsible for being an Administration all-rounder, supporting trainers and students enrolled on our online Pacific Safe Schools Course. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating participation of internal and external participants and full engaging with the Pacific Safe Schools Team
- Preparing the course for launch by ensuring all course material is ready and available on the Learning Management system.
- Launching the course by orienting participants and mentors to the course policies and platforms and ensuring participants receive all calendar invites and necessary pre-work.
- Supporting course delivery by supporting instructors, mentors and participants with course platforms and queries, following up with participants who need additional support, and tracking all participation.
- Closing the course by finalizing grades and issuing certifications and organising the After-Action Review with relevant stakeholders.
Our Recruitment Process
All applications will be acknowledged. We are keen to appoint this role ASAP, so will contact those candidates who meet our criteria to organise an interview. If you are interviewed, you can expect to be asked a series of experience verification, behavioural and competency questions.
How to Apply
Applications should include a covering letter and resume and should be submitted by close of business on Friday 10 December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the position description is available on request.