Our promise to you
As a supporter of Save the Children, you will receive:
- Updates to show you how your money is being put to work and how you’re saving children
- Exclusive stories from the children whose lives you’re changing
- The opportunity to save even more children when emergencies happen
- Your annual tax receipt (in April), which you can use to claim back 33.33% of your donations from Inland Revenue (see the Inland Revenue website for details).
We are here to help. If you have any queries, you can get in touch with us Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Phone: 0800 167 168 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if my situation changes OR I need to change my credit card/bank account number?
If you have a change in circumstances or need to update your credit card or bank account number, please give us a call on 0800 167 168 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. We have different options to suit your circumstances and enable you to continue to save children’s lives every day.
How do my monthly donations actually work?
Your donations are put to work where the need is greatest, an always-changing situation that we monitor every day. One month it may be treating severely malnourished children in East Africa, and the next month it could be funding children’s education in rural Indonesia.
You’ll help us to work with communities until they can sustain change themselves. That way your donations really will make a difference. It’s your long-term commitment that transforms children’s lives.
Save the Children runs development projects in partnership with local organisations. For example, in an economic development project in Cambodia:
- Our team will work with the Save the Children team on the ground in Cambodia to decide what kind of project will benefit children the most in the local communities
- The New Zealand team will source additional funding for the project, sometimes from the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, which will match every dollar that New Zealanders give with $2 or $3 (depending on where the project is)
- The Cambodia team will implement the project with the local communities
- One of our New Zealand International Programmes Managers will visit the project every year for the length of the project to make sure that everything is running smoothly and that your money is being used properly
- We will share stories about the successes the project has had and stories about the children who have been directly helped by your donations.
What kind of a difference will my donations make to the lives of children?
Save the Children believes that every child deserves a future. In New Zealand and around the world, we fight for children’s rights and we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave.
Why Save the Children?
Your monthly donations are going to the largest independent children’s charity in the world. We are non-religious and not aligned with any political sides. We don’t make judgements about the support we provide based on religious, political or ethnic affiliations.
We work in 120 countries around the world and we go to some of the toughest places to save children in desperate circumstances.