A survivor of the Christchurch mosque massacre, who is walking 350 kilometres from Dunedin to Christchurch, is currently in Timaru Hospital
Temel Atacocugu was praying at Al Noor Mosque on 15 March 2019 when the terror attacks unfolded.
He was shot nine times.
Earlier that day the terrorist who carried out the attacks left his rented flat in Dunedin and drove to Christchurch to attack worshippers at Jumu'ah (Friday) prayers.
The then-28-year-old Australian murdered 51 worshippers and shot and injured 40 others.
Atacocugu wanted to retrace the path of the killer to reclaim it in peace.
But yesterday he was admitted to Timaru Hospital, and would remain there again tonight, his partner Mel Logan said.
Atacocugu still hoped to complete the journey to Christchurch by 15 March, she said.
The source of the blood infection was not clear, however, he had been suffering from deep blisters as a result of the 200 kilometres he had so far walked.
Logan said Atacocugu was feeling much better today.
As part of the walk he is also raising money for the Key to Life Charitable Trust, the Child Cancer Foundation and Save the Children.
*sourced from Radio New Zealand