Our promise to you
As a supporter of Save the Children, you will receive:
- Updates to show you how your money is being put to work and how you’re saving children
- Exclusive stories from the children whose lives you’re changing
- The opportunity to save even more children when emergencies happen
- Your annual tax receipt (in April), which you can use to claim back 33.33% of your donations from Inland Revenue (see the Inland Revenue website for details).
What kind of a difference will my donations make to the lives of children?
Save the Children believes that every child deserves a future. In New Zealand and around the world, we fight for children’s rights and we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
When crisis strikes and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave.
Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions of this agreement between Save the Children New Zealand Ltd (Charity Number CC 25367) (“Save the Children New Zealand”) and you govern your donation (“Contribution”) to Save the Children New Zealand. This agreement replaces any former agreement you may have entered with Save the Children New Zealand.
2. Save the Children New Zealand agrees to debit your bank account or credit card account (whichever is relevant) on or within 10 working days of your agreed Debit Date detailed above) for the amount of Contribution nominated by you, unless another date has been agreed with you. If the payment fails, we will re-attempt to debit your account.
3. You agree that:
a. you will confirm with your financial institution that your nominated account can accept direct debits;
b. there will be sufficient funds in the nominated bank account or credit card account to cover the amount of the Contribution on the Debit Date;
c. you will advise Save the Children New Zealand if the nominated bank account or credit card account is transferred or closed.
4. Save the Children New Zealand reserves the right to change the terms on which you have entered this agreement by giving you 14 days written notice. Changes may include increasing the amount of the Contribution, altering the frequency of Contribution or altering the Debit Date. You will be bound by such changes unless you advise Save the Children New Zealand that you do not agree to them by written notice or you verbally advise the Donor Services Team on 0800 167 168 between Monday to Friday 9am and 5pm.
5. You may make the following changes regarding your Contribution by written notice to Save the Children New Zealand or by verbally advising the Donor Services Team on 0800 167 168 at least 10 working days prior to the next Debit Date:
a. defer a particular debit and arrange to catch it up at an agreed later date; or
b. cancel all debits and terminate this agreement with Save the Children New Zealand.
c. all communication to Save the Children New Zealand must include your Save the Children New Zealand Donor ID.
6. Where you believe that a debit to your bank account or credit card account (whichever is relevant) has been made without your authorisation (Unauthorised Debit) you agree to advise Save the Children New Zealand by written notice or verbally advise the Donor Services Team on 0800 167 168 immediately upon becoming aware of the Unauthorised Debit.
7. In the event that you are not satisfied with Save the Children New Zealand's handling of the Unauthorised Debit you should contact your financial institution who should respond to you within 30 days.
8. Save the Children New Zealand agrees to refund the amount of the Unauthorised Debit to you where we cannot show that you authorised the Debit.
9. You agree that Save the Children New Zealand has the right to terminate this agreement by written notice to you in its absolute discretion without giving any reasons.
10. By you entering into this agreement, we will obtain personal information about you, as that term is defined by the New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993 ("Personal information"). By signing this agreement you agree that Save the Children New Zealand may collect your Personal Information to process your Contribution and consent to Save the Children New Zealand transferring relevant parts of your Personal Information overseas to its affiliated offices, to the extent reasonably required by Save the Children.
11. The governing law of this agreement shall be the law of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state